When I got home from work today, I was able to get a few shots of the girls playing in some new snow. Our winter has been really 'weak' on the snow front, and so even a little bit of new snow is a chance to have some fun. I was tired this afternoon, so I mostly just pointed the camera (the P520 today - a sealed body is a good choice in wet weather) and let the girls do their thing. Luckily the 'Doodle Launcher was working well, so I didn't have to do much!
Easy photos and the girls were having fun, so everybody won today!
On to the head smack. My father has been taking some really cool photos of silver Bedouin jewelry that he and my Mom collected when we were in Saudi Arabia, and while I was looking at the photos, I kept thinking, "What cool subject matter! It would be neat to have something to photograph other than dogs when learning about lighting." Not that taking pictures of the girls is a bad thing, I just don't want to burn my models out... And then I immediately had to give myself a head-smack. Duh. I'm surrounded by really cool guitars and amps EVERYWHERE in the house. And I think it would be hard to make the argument that a Stratocaster is NOT art. And guitars and amps have a lot more patience than dogs, especially when I'm fiddling around with lighting settings.
So here is a photo from yesterday. Not spectacular, but I really like the lighting.
And I've got a ton of 'cool subject matter' that doesn't have to be bribed with steak bits!
Day 70/365.





No comments:
Post a Comment