Saturday, March 15, 2014

Doggie Portraits

Today was my second attempt at using two flashes.  At least I learned from yesterday and didn't try to shoot photos on the stair landing.  I didn't find a completely blank wall (and didn't think about getting something cheap like a painter's drop cloth until after I had run my errands for the day), so I got a number of photos with electrical sockets coming out of dogs' heads, but with enough cropping, it doesn't look too bad.  And I believe my grandmother would have made some comment about men on fast horses....



I don't think I'm ready to quit my day job and become a pet photographer (or even keep my day job and become a part-time pet photographer), but I'm keeping zee little gray cells stimulated (to misquote Hercule Poirot again), and that's the most important part - other than having a million photos to choose from for next year's calendar.

 I do have to work a little on not creating mug shots...

"I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself."


"No, your honor, I did NOT steal that steak off the counter.  However, if we can make a deal, I can help you administer a steak-breath-alyzer on my sister."
There were no missing steaks; the above comments were for illustrative purposes only!

I clearly need to work on my dog wrangling skills as well as my photographic skills, as my models are not looking like a pair of loving sisters.

Yes, very attractive electrical socket there.... I think I could fix that in Photoshop, but I think a drop cloth might save me more time in the long run.

I don't know why the lighting came out 'weird' on this one.  Oh well.
But I learned a few things today, which is all that matters!

Day 74/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment