Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fun with the Remote Shutter Release

Way back when the D70 was more than a doorstop, I purchased a $7 remote shutter release from amazon, because I had read somewhere that this was a 'must have' piece of equipment, and very handy for shots where you've got a very slow shutter speed, so you don't shake the camera by pressing the shutter release on the frame.  Given that I primarily take pictures of the girls (and boldly split infinitives), I don't know what slow shutter speed photos I was anticipating, as slow shutter speeds + dogs = pictures of empty space with a ghostly shape of a dog...  Hmmm.  Now that I think about it, that might be kinda cool....

Anyway, for giggles, I thought I'd try out the little gizmo for some 'family portraits'.

Clearly something has to be done about the light coming through the glass door on stage right...

Not quite a Vermeer, but the right idea.
Of course, when working with models who are paid in cheese and dried lamb lung pieces, you can't always expect strict cooperation.  You can, however, expect spontaneous smoochie breaks.

I don't blame Abby for looking a little shocked - Fi was definitely "taking liberties"!
Definitely good times!  And now I might be able to get a REAL family portrait.  Once I diffuse the light from that door, that is!

Day 60/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment