Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It's All About the Snooters

Because it's fun!  And the snow is really mushy, and frisbee time is limited because the girls are sinking into the snow, and if they move quickly when ankle/knee deep in mush, they can tweak the aforementioned knees/ankles, and I'm trying to avoid that.  So only minimal frisbee action today.  But plenty of camera action.

I love the light on Abby's eyes and her hair with the contrasting shadows in this photo.  And that totally kissable snooter!


Fi looks a bit like she's got 'bed-head', and again, I am really pleased with the light and the shadows in this photo.  (And, of course, the snooter!  What a snooter!)


The above two photos were taken with a white umbrella in front of the flash.  Because I have a silver-lined umbrella, I thought I'd try it and see what I got.  So far, meh.  Some of it might have to do with how I adjust the strength of the flash.  Some of it might also have to do with the fact that the girls still aren't 100% comfortable with the umbrellas and I couldn't get them to sit directly in front of it (there is a reason why all the light on the girls faces is at an angle, and it's not 100% artistic - in fact, I'm lucky that it looks cool, because we're still working on getting comfortable with the umbrellas!).


Not that that is a bad photo - I still really like it - I think I just like the more diffuse light of the white umbrella. But I'll play around with them both more (while doling out turkey treats in an attempt to convince the girls that the umbrellas aren't evil).

After the silver umbrella, I went back to the white umbrella, but put the light down lower.  Both girls look slightly demonic, and in Abby's case, that's not entirely inaccurate!  Just Kidding!  Abby is an angel.  Most of the time.  When she wants to be.  And when there are treats involved!  Heehee.

Okay, maybe she doesn't look THAT demonic.  She actually looks sort of cute!

Fi, however, does look a tad demonic.
But it was fun.  And hopefully next year is going to have about 180 months in it, because I've already got more than enough photos to fill a calendar, and it's only March!

Day 64/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment