Wednesday, March 12, 2014

When The Models Take Over

I had great intentions of getting some guitar/amp photos.  Guitars and amps generally don't move around on their own, they don't require treats, and they don't spontaneously freak out at the lighting umbrella.  And while the girls aren't camera shy, I don't want to burn them out on the photo shoot experience.  So while they were occupied with after-frisbee treats, I thought I was good to go.

And off I went.

As an aside, the spidery pattern on the upper wood of the guitar is actually from my lighting umbrella.... I might need to look into other means of diffusing light when shooting highly reflective things...
I was all set to figure out what to do about the lines from the umbrella when I found a snooter in my face. And then another snooter in my face.  Apparently my models were feeling neglected.

So I went from still lifes to not-so-still doggies.

And I lucked out with the unexpected.

"I'm with the band.  Lead vocals.  Make sure my dressing room is stocked with cheese chunks and bacon strips.  Extra crispy!"
Hah! I LOVE that photo!  Gotta love it when the models take over the photo shoot!

I love this one, too!  I'm definitely having fun with off-camera flash photography!






So I guess the guitars and amps will wait for another day.  It's not like they are going to walk away when the treats are all gone! 

Day 71/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment