Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Partly Cloudy Day

It was partly cloudy/partly rainy when I got home today, and I thought I had the camera set up for the lower light, but apparently not.  Luckily some of the shots were caught in the partly cloudy part of the time I was out, but unfortunately, some were caught in the mostly cloudy time I was out.  I was able to do some tweaking in Lightroom, so I was able to get a few shots that weren't 'underexposed' (actually, I just had too fast a shutter speed, which is sort of the same thing). Tomorrow is also supposed to be cloudy/rainy, so I guess I'll have more opportunities to test my ideas on how to 'fix' the dark-ish shots.

So here are a few of today's shots, thanks to a little parting of the clouds and the miracles of photo-editing software.

Sunny photos:




Cloudy photos:



I also tried a few aperture-priority shots because it was clear to me that I wasn't getting the lighting right with the shutter speed.  Luckily Fi was standing still!


And then I tried a few shots with the external flash - one inside, one on the porch.

I particularly liked this indoor shot with the painted bowl in the background!


Day 126/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment