So, I did.
All these photos were shot with the 24-85mm lens.
The first photo I took was of Abby snoozing on the stairs after our morning walk. The camera bumped the ISO up to 1600, and at full resolution, the photo was a little grainy, but for viewing on the web (or probably even as a 5x7 or 8x10 photo) it is just fine.
I decided when I took the camera outside, I'd limit the upper ISO to 800, and since it was quite sunny, I stuck with the shutter priority setting, ranging from 1/3200 to 1/4000. The sharpness of the auto ISO photos seems to be very good, but for reasons that are not clear to me, the camera was bumping the ISO around from 320 to 800. Not surprisingly, the higher ISO photos were 'over-exposed'. But with the magic of Lightroom, I was able to make the photos less bright.
Fr'instance....
Here's the non-tweaked photo, 1/4000, f/4.0, ISO 450
![]() |
| A little washed out. |
![]() |
| Still a little bright (that was my choice) but the sharpness was good. |
![]() |
| 1/4000, f/4.0, ISO 200 |
That said, here's a photo with the ISO set at 200, but I'm shooting into the shade - the auto ISO could have been handy here...
Here are a few more 'tweaked' photos using the auto ISO setting.
This one, other than being a little bright is a very sharp photo.
![]() |
| 1/4000, f/4.0, ISO 720 |
![]() |
| A shot where the auto ISO worked out quite well. |








No comments:
Post a Comment