Thursday, May 29, 2014

Of Dogs and Bees

For some reason, I didn't get a lot of great dog photos today.  I think it had to do with the auto focus setting I was using  (I think I was on center point, rather than the 'dynamic' focus, but I'd have to check), or it could have just been one of those days as I spent most of the day at work staring at radiology images of a pseudo-aneurysm being fixed.  (Fascinating, but I think my eyes went a bit fuzzy around 1pm and haven't returned to normal yet!)

But not being able to completely focus (my eyes, or the camera) didn't stop me.  Besides, the girls like their tennis ball action, and if I'm out, I might as well get a few photos!

I don't think she caught it...





After the girls were worn out, I took out the telephoto lens (70-300mm) that came as part of the D70 kit to see if I had any better luck with the bees.  Unfortunately, it was quite breezy when I attempted my bee photos, so I'm not sure if the lack of sharpness in the bee photos had to do with the wind, the lens, or the same focus issues I was having with the dogs.  But I'll keep at it, although I don't think wildlife photography (other than Wild Doodles) is going to be something I specialize in - it definitely requires more patience than I have!

This photo seems to look flat to me, but the wings came out really well.


This was the best, by far of the bee shots I got today.  I like it enough to keep trying to get better shots!
Day 149/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment