Not to keep you in suspense, the lesson is: always check your camera settings before you take a whole bunch of pictures.
Today the girls had a doggie class, and I take the P520 to doggie class because it is quite a bit smaller than the D90 and is thus much easier to manage when also wrangling doodles. Unfortunately, I didn't check the focus point(s) before we started off on our 'in the community' lesson. When I pulled the photos off the camera, it was clear that the focus was on 'auto' (i.e. the camera somewhat randomly picks a target on which to focus) which was a tad unfortunate, as I have been shooting primarily in 'dynamic' mode on the D90, which focuses on the center of the picture, but if something in the center moves, the camera will automatically refocus on whatever moves and so while I was expecting center point focus, that isn't always what I got....
Luckily I took a bunch of photos during doggie class, and I ended up with a few that were good.
 |
| Alas, one of the photos where the camera decided the building in the background should be in focus... |
 |
| The camera seemed to like the wood 'shade' . |
 |
| Finally! Some in-focus doggies! |
 |
| I really liked the sky in this photo - the girls were just filler in the foreground! |
 |
| I thought this was cute - and since it was a warm day, it was also appreciated, even though I had brought along some water for the girls! |
 |
| The color is just sort of funky in this photo. I have no idea why. But Fi is very proud of herself! |
 |
| The camera focused on the rock, not the dog. Oh well! |
 |
| Jessi (the turkey hotdog lady - aka dog trainer) and Abby, cooling off in the shade. |
Again not horrible photos for blog posting, but lesson learned.
Day 151/365.
No comments:
Post a Comment