Wednesday, May 21, 2014

In Which I Have A Goldilocks Moment

After yesterday's over-exposed shots with the 50mm lens, I decided that the answer was to shoot on manual and close down the aperture a bit.   Even though I only closed the aperture to f/5.0, I didn't take into account that today was cloudy and not the wildly bright sunlight of yesterday.  Which meant that to get photos that weren't too dark, I had to drop the shutter speed down to 1/640 sec (as opposed to yesterday's 1/4000 sec), which meant that I had a few photos of blurry dogs (and the grass was in focus, so clearly it was the shutter speed).  And the photos were still a tad dark.  Luckily, the magic of Lightroom was employed again, and I ended up with some decent photos.

Obviously there is as much art as there is science in this whole process.    And in my defense, I have done much shooting in the full manual setting.  So while my results were still not exactly what I was hoping for, I did learn something.  What, you ask?  In this case, I would have opened the aperture just a bit more - more in the f/4.0, rather than f/5.0.








But the profile views were easy!



Day 141/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment