Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spring in the Wasatch

I took the day off work today so I could take my research certification exam in the morning (I think I passed, but I won't get the results for 4-6 weeks, so who knows...), and then enjoy the rest of the day.  It was a beautiful day, and I took the girls out several times in the afternoon.

At first, I just got some portraits.



And more proof that Abby is really an alien.

Abby to Mother Ship.  Come in Mother Ship.  Send frisbees!
Heehee. I just couldn't resist.

Anyway, on one of the later trips out, after the girls made it clear that they were bored, I decided to break out a few tennis balls.  I figured it would be just like zoomies (which don't seem to bother Abby at all), the excitement of chasing stuff, but without the flying leaps of frisbee action.

It turned out to be a good call (although it's much harder to us the Chuckit to throw tennis balls and take pictures than it is to throw frisbees and take pictures...).  Fi absolutely LOVES tennis ball action, and she was a very happy camper.  Abby, of course, is happy for any excuse to go zooming around the yard.

Happy Fi!





Fi was really having fun!


All that indoor squeaky ball practice has paid off!


"Mom!  Abby is hogging all the tennis balls!"
Even with Abby trying to hoard the tennis balls, Fi was having a grand time.


However, after we stopped and the girls were hanging out in the shade, I turned my head away for a few seconds and when I looked back, I noticed that something terrifying had happened.  The tennis ball action had created a monster!

There was no cutting and pasting in Photoshop here; the only editing I did was to try to lighten up the photo as this was taken in pretty heavy shade. If you look very closely, you can see all four front legs.

Day 121/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment