Thursday, August 14, 2014

1-10

I've been reading the "Photo Assignment" book, trying to come up with something 'different' to shoot today - I've got another long day at work, and I was looking to try something I hadn't done before.  Based on some things I had read (specifically, shooting a sequence of something and shooting "the mundane"), I came up with the idea of a "1-to-10" shoot.  My goal was to shoot the numbers 1 through 10, with a couple of 'rules':

1) the numbers have to be 'organic' (they have to already exist; I can't just write the numbers on a piece of paper and call it good),
2) the numbers have to be 'stand alone' and not a string of numbers where I crop out the ones I don't need (i.e. Room 4A100 can't be cropped to be '1' or '4), and,
3) I have to have a 'unique' location for each number (i.e. I can't shoot numbers 1-5 on the elevator, or on each floor of the building).

I think with more thought I could come up with more 'unique' locations, but this was a fun start and forced me to 'see' things I normally pass by.

One


Two
This is outside the building in which I work.

Three


Four
My floor (although I take the stairs).

Five
My office door has a keypad rather than a regular lock.

Six
This would be in the AM, not PM.

Seven
Alas, not my parking space.

Eight
This is from a 'retired' centrifuge (hence the dust).

Nine
Don't freak out about the humidity; it was raining.

Ten
There is a summer concert series at Red Butte Garden and they have signs letting us know when parking lots will be closed to accommodate the concert-goers.  The lot was closed on the 10th.  (And did I mention it was raining?)

Day 226/365.

1 comment:

  1. Well done!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Mayorz For All Paws

    ReplyDelete