Monday, August 25, 2014

When All Else Fails, Call It a Learning Experience

Between my test shot of Fi and the rest of the photos I took, I somehow managed to switch the photo setting from 'Raw' to 'JPEG Basic' - which is effectively going from one end of the spectrum to the other in photo quality.  I'm going to have to go back and look at the manual to see what configuration of buttons I must have 'fat-fingered' to switch photo quality.  I'm also going to call this a reminder to check one's photo quality settings before doing an 'important' photo shoot (I would have been very bummed had I shot all the photos at the car show in JPEG Basic).

The pictures aren't horrible, but I can't do a lot of the 'fine-tuning' of the photos that I can with Raw files.  Oh well.  I'll just add today to the "Lessons Learned" file.  And the girls still had fun, which is ultimately what matters!









I still managed to capture the girls' enthusiasm for tennis ball action, so it's not like it was a total loss.  And it was a learning experience (although I still have no idea how I pushed the button that used the command dial to change photo quality - it might have had something to do with juggling three tennis balls while trying to adjust the shutter speed....).

Day 237/365.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, having seen you in action we are quite impressed with your throwing and shooting ability!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Mayorz For All Paws
    "Use Your Noodle & Vote For A Doodle!"

    ReplyDelete