Saturday, August 23, 2014

'Studio Lighting'

Sort of.  Today's shoot was a combination of continuous lighting and flash lighting.  I was reading an article on simple lighting setups and they had a pet photography diagram.  I was game to give it a shot.   When looking at these photos, keep in mind that I'm using a painter's drop for a background, and I'm still shooting in a corner, and the girls are a little uncomfortable about being herded into a corner.  I don't blame them.  I'm still trying to find a better location, but I haven't come up with anything yet.  I think there may be some moving of furniture to get a better 'studio'.  Of course, I'm also waiting for a sale on muslin background and stands (to hold the background) so my background isn't quite so 'shiny' (and it would be nice to have something that actually extends out on the floor a bit...).

But enough of what I didn't have.  Following the diagram I found, I used a white umbrella with a flash, and silver and black umbrella with a flash and a short 'background' light.  I was really pleased with the results.  Really pleased!

Definitely calendar-worthy!




Heehee.  This one just makes me smile!


My pretty girls!


Abby is a little hunched over here because she's really not keen on being 'blocked in' by the lighting umbrellas.  Again, I've really got to find a spot that isn't in a corner to get these shots....
And for those of you (Dad) who are interested in the lighting set up, here it is:


Day 235/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment