While today was not an 'inspired' day of photography I learned a little from yesterday, and did adjust the shutter speed when the sun came out from behind the clouds....
When I say it wasn't inspired, it doesn't mean that I'm not happy
with the photos I took, I just didn't try anything 'outside the box'
today. But hopefully I will this weekend. I have been reading about
continuous lighting (as opposed to a flash) for a while, and I ordered
up an inexpensive continuous lighting set that arrived today. Today was
a busy day at work, and I had to run a few errands after work, so the
lighting set is still in the box. But the plan is to try it out this
weekend, and see how continuous lighting works - and even use some
backlighting, possibly.
On to the photos.
Here is my daily 'test photo'.
 |
| Yes, I really do take one of these every day. It's always Fi because Abby is too busy bouncing around in anticipation of the first tennis ball. |
 |
| Gotta love sibling rivalry! |
I slowed the shutter speed down a bit (1/640) and opened the aperture (from my usual f/5.6 to f/5.0) a tad, and the photos were surprisingly sharp.
When the sun came out (a bit, it's mostly overcast) I upped the shutter speed to 1/800 and dropped the aperture back to f/5.6 and didn't have any overexposure issues.
The portraits were a little light, but I think that has more to do with the girls both standing in full sun. I probably should have closed the aperture down a bit more, but the histogram looked okay, and with a little tweaking the photos were fine.
Day 233/365.
No comments:
Post a Comment