Building on yesterday's success, I decided to do more flash photography (
consistency may be the hobgoblin of little minds, but it makes for better photos...), this time on the front porch. I stuck with two flashes, and the silver-lined umbrella (
no good reason, other than it was already set up, and I was curious to see if I'd get enough light, given that it was overcast out) and the small soft box for light diffusion.
It's fun when the photos come out nicely!
 |
| Abby was going for a dramatic look. |
 |
| Fi, on the other hand, takes these photo shoots very seriously! |
 |
| Abby likes to work her 'puppy eyes'! |
 |
| "We are not the droids you are looking for. Oh, and give me some treats while I'm working my Jedi mind tricks on you." Heehee. Fi is So Serious-looking! |
 |
| The closest I could get to Grant Wood's 'American Gothic'. |
Shortly after that, the photo shoot de-evolved....
 |
| Heehee! I must have told the girls to make funny faces.... |
During the whole photo shoot I noticed that the birds kept coming to the bird feeder, apparently not bothered by the flashes going off, so I thought I'd see if I could get some of the birds with the flash. Yet another endeavor that will not result in National Geographic calling me any time soon. But hey, it was my first try...
This last one is probably my favorite, just because I like the blur of the wings and the tail (with the flash I shoot at 1/125 speed).
Clearly I'll have to try the bird feeder with flash photos again, to see if I can be more successful next time.
Day 225/365.
BOL! Loved the Fi caption from Star Wars!
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley
Mayorz For All Paws