This was One Of Those Days when it comes to photography. Like anything that is done every day, there are good days and bad days. Today was one of those days that was, well, not really a good day. My brain was clearly disconnected when I took the girls out for tennis ball action after our bike ride; it was partly cloudy and when I first went out, it was more partly cloudy and partly sunny. I adjusted the camera for the conditions, and didn't ever bother to change it, when it got more cloudy and then less cloudy.
This is my 'test photo' (
I take almost this exact same photo every day I shoot tennis ball action - Fi obliges me by standing there waiting for the first tennis ball - I use it to see if the manual settings are okay by checking the histogram).
 |
| This is a little dark, but she was in the shade. |
The mixed sun/shade action photo also looked good, so I went with the setting.
 |
| Again, the setting looks good here. |
But my brain went on auto-pilot, and when the clouds came over, I didn't change anything, and so everything was too dark. And tinted blue (and this is after adjusting the colors a bit - more than this and everything is yellow....) - this is all a function of not changing the shutter speed and the aperture...
And, of course, the sun came out from behind the clouds, and I still didn't change anything, so I went from underexposed to overexposed.
 |
| A little faster shutter speed and Fi the sharkadoodle would be less blurry... |
 |
| Again, a little bright, even with exposure adjustment... |
 |
| This photo definitely could have benefited from faster shutter speed, too. |
 |
| This is partially too-bright because of blogger's weird auto-adjusting of photos. Being overexposed to begin with probably didn't help. |
 |
| A little light, but not horrible. |
Yes, these photos could have been a lot worse, but they could have been a lot better, too. Ah well, there's always tomorrow!
Day 232/365.
No comments:
Post a Comment