Today was another rainy day (which is good for the lawn, so I'm not complaining), so I took some indoor off-camera flash photos. The first so many photos were the typical portrait-style photos:
 |
| This one was actually a bit of a mistake, but I really like it; the flash on the right side of the camera wasn't turned on, so it made for some interesting highlights. |
 |
| Again, blogger makes this more orange than it really is. No idea why that happens. |
 |
| Pretty eyes! (This photo is also darker in reality - I think blogger must 'think' the photo is too dark and automatically lightens it....) |
Then, for reasons that are always beyond me, the girls decided to pose.
Yes, I had treats, but that doesn't guarantee they will actually sit/stand anywhere close to each other. Today they did. If I knew how to get them to do this on demand, it would happen more often!
 |
| Another lightened photo; you'll have to trust me that it looks much better in reality! |
Then the girls did this interesting pose with Abby sitting behind a lying-down Fi. I actually really like this photo - the girls look so deceptively mellow, and easy-to-pose. Faithful followers of the girls will know this is all an act!
 |
| This photo will likely be appearing in a calendar... I really do like this photo! |
There is something interesting about the above photo (
aside from the girls looking so innocent and compliant). The flashes are both above Fi's head, and are pointed down and as a result, she doesn't really have a 'sparkle' in her eyes. When she's looking up (or is sitting up), you get the bright reflections in her eyes (Abby's eyes have that sparkle in the above photo). In the photo below, where Fi is looking up, she's got a 'sparkle' in her eyes.
 |
| Both girls with sparkles in their eyes! |
I like both photos - any time where both girls are together and looking at the camera is a good photo. However, I think I'd like to see if there is a way to put the flash on the ground (or on a very low stand) to get a sparkle in her eyes when she's lying down (and it will also brighten up her face a bit). It's just a little thing, but since I'm always in search of the 'perfect' portrait of the girls, I think it's something I'll play around with.
Day 231/365.
IDK if it was the photos or not but lately we noticed the girls looking much closer in color. Are they changing color? We noticed Stanley is getting darker.
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley
Mayorz For All Paws