Had it not been pouring rain when I came home, there would be a lot of photos of tennis ball zoomies and general outdoor funballs action. But since it was raining, I decided to try using a continuous light overhead with the flashes, to see if I could get some hair highlights. I've seen photos of this in books, and on human models it looks really cool. But one of the things that makes my models different from the ones in the photography books (other than the floppy ears and big noses) is that they don't sit where they are told, or if they do, they don't sit there for long. So, I think I need to re-think the whole lighting thing - I need to come up with lighting schemes that can be flexible with regard to the positioning of the subject(s). Larger softboxes and large reflectors.
But at least I checked to make sure I was shooting in raw format!
But in the meantime, my not-entirely-cooperative models were well-bribed for their time. And yes, I know, my 'background' is too busy, but the one thing about the library is it gives me enough space that the girls don't feel like they are blocked into a corner. I might still look into a backdrop of some sort, for giggles. Or I'll just stick with the books.
 |
| Another case of blogger indiscriminately lightening the photo - which is too bad, as the lighting in the actual photo is perfect. But this was one of the shots where Fi actually cooperated with the location of the 'hair light'. And seriously, how cute is that face? |
 |
| Another overly-lightened photo, but Fi was still cooperating with the lighting positions. |
 |
| Abby was not 100% cooperative, but I like this photo anyway - I like how her left eye isn't totally in shadow. |
 |
| Abby, deciding that I really wanted to try a 'split lighting' photo! |
 |
| This wasn't planned, but I like how the silver umbrella lights up the far side of her face. |
 |
| More unintentional split lighting! |
And then the girls decided they sort of wanted to sit together....
 |
| This was not the lighting setup I had planned (the background is too bright), but when the girls lie down together, I have to go with what I've got. |
And since today is National Dog Day, I thought I'd try a self-portrait with the girls. Let's just say that didn't quite work out as planned! Something else I'm going to have to re-think!
Day 238/365.
IDK, the lighting looks pretty good. There were a couple towards the end with shadows but we thought the lighting was pawfect on the others!
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley
Candidates For Mayor of Blogville 2014
"Use Your Noodle & Vote For A Doodle!"