Anyway, you get the point. So yesterday on our bike ride when I saw a bunch of Mustangs at the Newpark Hotel, and the tell-tale 'Cobra Racing' car trailer, I guessed the Mustang show was in town. A little checking on Google, and the Intermountain Mustang/All Ford Stampede car show was going to be happening today. The girls didn't have doggie class today, so I went over to the car show about 10:30 and spent an hour and a half taking pictures of cars. Taking 481 photos, of cars, to be exact. A lot were of the same thing on different settings (I was shooting everything on manual) or angles that looked cool at the time but didn't look so much upon further review, but I still ended up with a lot of photos. One woman (she and her husband were showing a '66 Mustang) asked me what I did with all the photos. Huh. Good question. How about 'I put them on a wish-list for my Fairy Godmother'? I told her that I was a novice photographer practicing my skills, so I end up deleting a lot of them, and the ones I like, I post for others to see. She didn't ask for a business card... Heehee.
Enough talk. Let's get to the photos.
Where to start?
There were so many cars and I got so many pictures (after much sorting, editing and selecting, I picked 65-ish that I really liked) that I'll just start with the first car I looked at.
Shiny. And yellow.
By the way, even at 10:30 in the morning, the show was fairly crowded and it was hard to get 'full body shots' of most of the cars without other people getting in my way. But since this was as much an exercise in photography as a chance to enjoy cars, I tried to get some 'interesting' shots.
![]() |
| A true classic. And yes, it rumbles. (Luckily several of the cars were started when I was around. I love the rumble of a muscle car.) |
![]() |
These next two cars I had never seen (or heard of) before. They are De Tomaso Panteros.
![]() |
| Nice tailpipes! |
![]() |
| There were a lot of fun license plates around! |
![]() | |
| These things have WIDE front and rear tires - if you drove this regularly, you'd have to have a huge tire budget! |
This car was part 'cool license plate' (and cool 'mini-me' car)
and part cool tail pipes.
![]() |
| Vroom! |
Apparently Miller Motorsports Park uses a Ford GT as one of their pace cars, and that one was at the show, too.
As much as I was taken with the Ford GTs (and I always am), I came across this 1955 Thunderbird.
![]() |
| Not quite the tail-fins of the long-desired 1959 Cadillac, but gorgeous nonetheless! |
I also really liked this 'matching set' (or threesome if you count the mini-me car, as well). Yes, they were owned by the same person. Quite the set!
It was actually hard to find cars I didn't like.
![]() |
| This car was gorgeous (again, no full body pictures because of people - I probably should have gone to the show when the cars were still registering!). |
![]() |
![]() |
When Gary asked me what my favorite car was, I promptly told him it was the only one that was for sale!
Actually, that's totally not true (but it made for a great story - and I certainly wouldn't say no to that car!). I told Gary I'd have to think about it, as there were so many really cool cars. Really, there were a lot of cool cars:
But my favorite car (or cars, as there were a couple of them) was the 1968 Mustang GT fastback.
Although as something to run errands in, I'd probably take something with airbags.
![]() |
| Like this. |
Yes, I had a grand time at the car show! And I know this post is already incredibly long, but I want to include just a couple of the 'interesting' shots I got.
![]() |
| Cool reflection - the new mirrored in the old! |
![]() |
| From the Thunderbird - this was what I was looking for on Thursday when I was doing the numbers sequence. Alas, no 1955 T-birds at the hospital. But I finally found the '8' I was really looking for! |




































Drool!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots too!!
Of course, it really needed one of these to full complete the OMD factor -
https://4c.alfaromeo.com/en_us
Zoomz&Khysses,
Khyra's Mom
I shared this one my friend - his reply:
ReplyDeleteNice - next time you chat with her mention my 1969 Boss 302 - Vermilion red with a flat black "shaker" hood, 4spd transmission & factory chassis braces still in place
And he couldn't help but notice there is money in Park City - "pretty obvious when you visit the place"