Monday, January 11, 2021

Project 365 - Day 11

Eh. Nothing special today.  There was some great hoar frost at different points on our walk, but it was really cold out (we - and the doggies - were all bundled up appropriately, but I wasn't feeling enough like a suffering artist to take my gloves off for most of the walk!).  And I was preoccupied with my to-do list for work, which made me a less active observer.


So, just a "meh" sort of day. 

This was not at all what I was hoping for (I was aiming for the hoar frost on the guard rail), but I like the hint of sun coming up behind the aspens. Still, nothing to write home about.

The starbust of the sun is always fun, but my little camera has a minimum aperture of f/11, so it's tough to get the really sharp starbursts.

I like the frost on this mailbox sculpture (sculptures on mailbox stands are a thing here), but it really wasn't what I was looking for - not enough frost, not as sharp as I'd like.


"You shoulda been here yesterday..." This was actually a photo from yesterday (and was passed over for dog photos). I love the mornings where there is frost on everything.  It looks pretty.

So, today's lessons are 1) suck it up and take off the gloves, and 2) leave the work stuff at home, and try to be an a more active observer.

No comments:

Post a Comment