Yeah, so, today was one of those days. I was tired on the walk today, and not much really grabbed my eye (although I did see a weed that looks really interesting for tomorrow - unless the winds take it out this evening), but the whole snow/cloud thing is always worth a shot.
![]() |
| There's snow in them thar hills! Actually, there was snow in our hills, too! |
Anyway, after the walk, I had to do some work. One of the Fellows (an MD specializing in Cardiology) I had done some work for almost 2 years ago decided he finally had time to write up the full manuscript and wanted me to look at the data again. (And before you wonder why it took so long, he's continuing his training in the Bronx, and well, COVID happened.) Because I have several more projects that have pressing deadlines, and I knew as soon as I revisited the project from 2 years ago that I had learned a better way to do the analysis since when I had first done it, and so basically had to start from scratch. (Yippee... Actually, it's an interesting project.) While I knew I wasn't going to get everything done today, I needed to get a start on it so I could show the Fellow I was making progress (and explain the better analysis) while not dropping the other projects I've got going.
So, I worked most of today. I wasn't really sure about the snowy/cloudy mountain photo, so I looked around at all the guitar stuff, and this is something (don't ask me what - ask Gary) that could make for some interesting photographs if I find interesting angles.
![]() |
| "Hey, um, Mom. Is dinner going to be coming any time soon, or do I need to learn how to open the fridge?" |
![]() |
| "Look into my eyes. You will feed me dinner. You will feed me dinner now." |
So, yeah, dogs and dinner took priority. And if you want to know what I was working on, there's this. It needs to be re-worked, but competing outcomes analysis is handy when you are interested in more than just whether someone is dead or alive (simple survival analysis).
Technically not a photograph, but there you have it.





No comments:
Post a Comment