Thursday, January 14, 2021

Project 365 - Day 14

Daya 14: Photos of moose from far, far away.

Apparently my hunter-gatherer brain was engaged today (given the struggles I had finishing up some analysis for a manuscript, my statistical brain was definitely less-engaged).  In looking for interesting stuff, I picked out a moose on the hillside as we were walking up the neighborhood.

See her?

If you don't spot her, don't be disappointed; I look at this hillside every morning, and spotted something that looked different, and bushes don't usually have ears and big snooters.  I've cropped in so you can spot the moose.

The original photo is as close as my little camera will zoom in, but the cropped helps with "Where's the moose?"

One the upper part of our walk, I was again looking for something interesting and saw a rock formation with ears.  I'm telling ya, my hunter-gatherer brain was at the forefront today. 

This one is a little tougher.   
See her? Probably not.

I'll crop the photo (again, the upper photo is as close as my little camera zooms in; 72mm if you wanted to know. Not exactly a telephoto lens!)
Pretty well camouflaged, but look in the center of the photo.

If you don't see her here, she was in almost the same spot when we made the second loop.  (Thankfully - I prefer moose to stay put when we are out walking - when they sneak up on us I get a little nervous!) But she had moved enough that she was much easier to spot!

If you can't see her here, you need new glasses! Or a new monitor!

But. to be helpful, here's as cropped in as I can get.
Hi moose! You stay up there, and we'll keep the crazy dogs down here!

And because some of my friends were giving me a hard time about my tree pose photo where I wasn't facing the camera, here's one of me today, facing the camera.  I took this photo before I did my daily yoga class, so my balance was less good, and I didn't try to get a photo of my standing on my left leg, too, as I have a harder time folding up my right leg.  Still, yesterday's photos weren't of my body double!


No comments:

Post a Comment