Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Project 365 - Day 19

I actually had a couple of photos in mind when we started out on the walk today; I wanted to photograph the weed I saw yesterday (lots of prickly things, all dried out, against the snow), and some telemark skis that someone uses (I think) to mark the sides of their driveway (most people in this part of the neighborhood have plastic or metal poles to show the snowplows where the edge of the road is, but I think these people use the skis for that).


The weed photo totally didn't come out the way I saw it yesterday, so I'm going to have look at it again tomorrow to see if I can see it the way it caught my eye the other day.  But, because we got out a bit later (I had a 7:30am meeting), the aspens had a bit more sun behind them.

Still not quite how I saw it in my mind's eye, but pretty.

For the photo of the skis, I couldn't decide if I wanted just a black and white photo, or more of a sepia thing.  (When I see these skis, even though they aren't ancient skis, I see photos out of my History of Skiing collection of books.) 



I'm still not sure which I like better.

For reference, here's the same photo in color.


When we got home, I had piles and piles of work to do, so when I quit for the day, I though some Super Snooter Shooter photos of the girls was in order.


Daisy has a perfect head lift for optimal snooter size!

Oh, and since I had the super-wide angle lens out, I thought I'd show you our house, and the neighbors up the hill! 


My new-to-me telephoto camera is supposed to arrive tomorrow afternoon, so I'm looking forward to scoping out Far Away Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment