Post-snow day.
Wow. We live in such an amazingly beautiful place! The weather forecast called for snow showers, and since I still haven't seen any evidence that the Panasonic cameras are weather-sealed (meaning, they can be out in rain/snow without risking damage to the camera) I took out the Olympus (the camera I got for photographing Fi in the pool).
A mix of sun and clouds (and a complete absence of snow showers...), and since I haven't really been happy with my editing of the landscape photos in Photoshop, I thought I'd see what the Topaz Studio had (this is probably only of interest to my father, but since it is of interest to him, I mention it!). I really like some of the black and white effects I found, and so-so about some of the color effects I found, but it's fun playing around with the effects, so blame any overly-processed photos on my having not used Topaz Studio in ages...
 |
| Same hill, new ski tracks! (I was actually more interested in the trees covered in snow, but I couldn't resist including the "ski hill") |
 |
| Usually once the storm moves through there is enough wind to blow the snow off the trees, but not this time. |
 |
| I like this tree and rocks combination, and figure I'll probably photograph it regularly over the course of the year, so getting it in new snow seemed like a good idea. |
 |
| The moose weathervane from the other day has a snow hat on! |
This photo in particular made me want to see what it looked like in black and white (and I wanted to pretend to be Ansel Adams, so I did).
 |
| I particularly like this photo in black and white - it looks very dramatic! |
And since I was on a roll, I converted a few other photos to black and white.
This last once I also liked in color, because of the dark sky behind the trees.
And for those of you who want to know.... We did have another inch or two overnight, and so the girls were fully kitted out in snowpants and boots (Smokey, be vary happy that you live in a place where snow is rare, and that you don't have fur that attracts snowballs like magnets attract iron filings.) The girls are never thrilled to get geared up, but once we get moving, they don't seem to mind the weather gear. And when we get home, we are thrilled that they aren't covered in snow/road grit, and that they haven't gotten snow/ice between their toes (refer back to the comment about fur and snowballs - the fur between their toes attracts snowballs just like the rest of their fur).
 |
| Note the complete lack of enthusiasm on the part of the girls - I don't think they want the entire interwebs laughing at them! |
And because we didn't have a bunch of new snow, but still enough, I can bring you another in the Snow Removal Equipment series....
No comments:
Post a Comment