Meet Beau. He's a 10 week old Goldendoodle puppy. His parents hired me in November to take photos of Harley a 12 year old Goldendoodle who was Fi's spirit brother - same personality, same "old soul", and just a sweetheart of a dog. Harley had cancer and crossed the Rainbow Bridge less than two weeks after I photographed him. His family decided to add a freshly minted Doodle to their family; their daughter had grown up with Harley as her furry brother, and since she is attending university at home this year, they thought this would be a good time for their daughter to bond with a new canine sibling.
They had messaged me about the puppy, and we set up a time to get photos. Last Saturday was snowy and yukky, but today was perfect.
And zoiks! Just like Harley was Fi's brother in spirit, Beau looks so much like Fi did as a puppy. Not quite as red as Fi was, but otherwise looks very much like a wee Fi. Which is to say, ridiculously cute. And, I must had been intriguing to Beau (or I had bacon in my pocket... Just kidding! I don't actually bring snacks to puppy shoots - youngsters are still trying to figure out their diets and I don't want to add anything new), because he was all over me, breathing his puppy breath into my face, and nibbling on my nose with his puppy teeth, and just generally convincing me he was the cutest puppy I had seen in person in quite some time. But judge for yourself. And masks, because, well, it's a sign of the times.
 |
| "Hi!" |
 |
| "I am the bestest puppy ever. Dad, give me snacks." (Dad gave him snacks.) |
 |
| Ear flappage! |
 |
| Scenery is so much better with a dog in front of it! |
 |
| Puppy tongue! |
I could have photographed Beau all day long (well, if I didn't have my own Doodles waiting at home, and grocery shopping, and all that stuff), but the wee beastie was worn out by his photo session, and was falling asleep on his feet. However, I'll be photographing Beau again around his 6 month birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment