For some reason, I felt the *need* to get some photos of me doing yoga. First, I just wanted to show off my side plank. While I can't do some of the slightly more advanced poses (crow pose, I'm looking at you), the side plank has gone from a laughable attempt last May when I started doing yoga again, after a many-years hiatus to something that I can do and has even gotten to something that I actually enjoy.
And after much moving around my phone (I haven't figured out how to set up a remote shutter release with my little cameras), to get most of a side plank photo, I became a bit obsessed with trying to figure out how to get photos in my little yoga space. I won't say I've got it dialed in yet, but I spent a good 45 minutes trying to find places to put my phone and it's little tripod to get better photos. And I got to play around a bit with the desk lamp in the office for extra lighting.
Of course, then I had to try some tree poses from different angles to see what worked.
![]() |
| Been there, done that with this angle. |
![]() |
| "Oh please don't let me fall over..." |
![]() |
| I don't remember what the name of this pose is, but I believe the Sanskrit translation is something to the effect of "Dogs, watch out, your Momma doesn't have the best balance". |
So, not just some photos of something I'm enjoying and is part of my morning ritual, but an attempt to figure out how to get photos in my little space.
And then we went on a cold dog walk, and didn't think I'd see much of anything interesting. But I thought I'd try a landscape because, you know, why not?
![]() |
| This was as zoomed as I can get, even with the 270mm zoom. |
![]() |
| Cropped in from that; Ms. Moose having her breakfast. |










No comments:
Post a Comment