Saturday, January 23, 2021

Project 365 - Day 23

Snow day!  (Finally! We have had a really lean snow year so far, so it was nice to see almost a foot of snow in the driveway this morning.  Well, nice for those of us who don't have to clear the driveway....)

I took out my Olympus Tough little camera, as I don't think either of the Panasonics is weather-sealed.  (The Olympus is what I used in the pool with Fi, so I knew snow wouldn't be an issue!)  I didn't take any time to re-remember how to use it, so it took me a bit to find the right settings...

Not the right settings.  But one of the few snowplow photos I've gotten, ever.

The Donner Party was well-equipped for the walk with pants and boots, and even the humans were appropriately dressed.


And I did take a few photos that could have been in black and white...


Dad, I took this one for you. I thought you would appreciate someone who decided their car wasn't going to make it up the hill in the snow, and so just left it here.  Seemed both Jeddah-like (other than the snow) and the Minnesota "can't make it up the driveway, so can't make it work" thing!

Here's something you don't see everyday; the snowplow had slid off the road and into a ditch, just below our house. It had to be pulled out of the ditch by a tow truck for trucks.  You really don't see snowplows off the road too often.


When we got home, some of us had to clear the driveway...




And the back deck...


And some of us watched from inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment