Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Disconnected Collection of Photos

Today was not a day of shooting with intention.  Today is another long day at work, and while I was hoping for inspiration at some point today, it never came.  So I got a few photos of this and a few photos of that.

It was raining this morning, and I tried to get a couple of shots of the storm clearing.


I was playing around with some of the camera's 'effect' settings, and was intrigued by the 'high contrast monochrome' setting - which is what the rest of the world calls black and white.  I figured rather than just adjusting photos to black and white after the fact, I'd try the camera's built-in setting.

The clouds are definitely not as dramatic in black and white...
At lunch I took a walk to the Olympic Legacy Bridge.





This next photo was hyper-saturated, and it looks a bit like a 1950s postcard.  I like it.


And then I took a few photos walking back to the office.

This truck just seemed like it should be in black and white.

The Fort Douglas chapel.


So, no theme, grand plan, or even small plan, but there are days like that.

Day 252/365.

1 comment:

  1. The bridge photos are exceptional!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Mayorz For All Paws
    Use Your Noodle & Vote For A Doodle!

    ReplyDelete