I try to shoot with intention. Today, my intentions were two-fold: 1) get inside before it started raining, and 2) be quick in the studio so I could shower before dinner. Unfortunately, neither of those intentions lends themselves to high quality photography. The girls had fun, and I got a chance to try a few things in PhotoShop, so it wasn't a complete loss. Because it was quite cloudy, I used the 50mm with the aperture at f/1.8 (wide open). At 1/500 shutter speed, the action shots were a wee bit blurry, but it was fun....
 |
| Ah, shallow depth of field, how I love you so! |
The only issue with the 50mm is that sometimes I'm a bit too close in to the action. In my next life, I think a 35mm f/1.8 would be a fun addition to the bag.... In the meantime, while I will probably officially use the 50mm primarily for portraits, it results in some entertaining action shots. Especially when I had the camera on 'burst' mode.
 |
| First stage of ejection from the Doodle Launcher. Too bad she's being ejected out of the photo! |
 |
| Doodle Launcher in full fling mode. |
 |
| A little blurry around the ears, but the idea is clear. |
 |
| Blurry tennis ball, but the important stuff is in focus! |
Not 'tack sharp' as they say, but they evoke a gray Fall afternoon - which is what I was going for.
And since it started raining, I did take the girls into the studio for a few minutes. I should have taken more time to set up the lighting, but I got a couple of shots I liked.
 |
| Fi, not closing her eyes at the flash - for once! |
 |
| Dorkadoodle! I could have spent more time in the 'processing' phase to work on the contrast, but it's getting late. |
 |
| Fi, not closing her eyes for the flash twice in one day! A miracle! |
 |
| Yes, Abby is squashed to the right of the picture, but I love her expression. |
Day 272/365.
You might be taking pics of snow tonight!!
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley