Wednesday, September 10, 2014

In Which Quantity < > Quality

You might be a nerd if you automatically read that title as 'In Which Quantity Does Not Equal Quality'.  Just saying...  I understand that simply taking a lot of photos does not ensure quality, even if you include the Law of Large Numbers in your reasoning.  Today's photos are evidence supporting that argument.   I took 109 photos today (not unusual when I'm getting tennis ball action photos - most get weeded out quickly) and these are the photos I ended up really liking today:

Yep, I was using the little reflector again...




You'll notice none of the action photos made the cut.  After playing tennis for an hour and a half, I had a hard time keep my mentals (and my camera) focused... Definitely something to keep in mind when I start my pet photography class in October.

But I still got some other photos I like, even if they weren't optimal.

I like this one because it really captures Abby's in-your-face goofiness.

I didn't really get the lighting right on this one, but I love Fi's expression.
I like this one too - it's hard to get Abby to look at me, although I'm slowly getting better at making weird noises to attract her attention.  If only someone sold a 'squirrel call' (like a duck call)...

Alas, one of many photos where Abby is not as in-focus as the grass.  Operator error.

Abby did a bunch of great leaps today, but I didn't manage to capture any of them.  Again, operator error.
Ah well; tomorrow is another day!

Day 253/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment