Saturday, September 27, 2014

Rainy Day

Today has been a cool, rainy, gloomy day, so other than venturing out for walkies, the girls and I have been hanging out inside.  So, I spent more time working on what I did yesterday - the rule of thirds and giving the girls 'space' in their portraits.

Damp dog, wondering why I'm sticking a camera in her face... This isn't the best use of the rule of thirds, but Abby would have been more squashed to the right if I had really stuck to the 'rule'.

Damp dog, resigned to photographic interlude; better adherence to the rule of thirds.
Once the girls dried out a bit, I took some 'studio' photos, still trying to give the girls space in the photos and play around with the rule of thirds...









This one was a bit tough, as Abby is a long dog (they both are), and even though her tail is cut off a bit, at least you can see some of it.  She's a little squashed on the right-hand side, but again, she's a long dog.

It would be nice if Abby was actually looking at me, rather than Fi (who is off-camera), but I still like the shot - she's not boxed in and I've mostly adhered to the rule of thirds.
Ah-ha!  Now she's looking at me!  Seriously, how cute is that photo?

And finally, a summation of the rainy day.  I like how the photo is a bit dark and Abby has a 'whatever' look on her face.

*sigh*
 Day 270/365.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Tell them if they are still bored that some skunk chasing is fun!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete