Monday, September 1, 2014

Fall is Here!

Our unusually wet August has resulted in some very bright early 'Fall Flame' and while I haven't quite figured out how to get landscape photos where the fall colors 'pop', the girls and I spent a little bit of time trying to get some of the fall colors.  And Fall really did show up almost overnight - last weekend there were maybe a few leaves that were changing colors - now it is Very Obvious that Fall is here.

On our morning walk, I took along the little point-and-shoot (which definitely does not get photos like the D90, but is vastly more portable).  I would have liked to have taken a few more photos than I did, but everyone and their dog seemed to be out walking, and Fi and Abby are, um, easily distracted by other dogs.  (And squirrels.  And rabbits.  And deer.  All of which were out in abundance this morning).  But it's a start.
 

My models were not 100% cooperative.  Something about more walking less photographing.

Not a great shot of the girls, but I really like this picture because the sun was behind the trees and was highlighting some of the fall colors.

Had there not been a dog coming down the road, I would have tried to reposition the girls so they weren't so much in the shade.  Ah well.
A few of the trees in the backyard are starting to go - of course they are the trees high up on the hillside, so it's a bit tough to get the girls and the trees in the same photo....
 


For this photo, I was sprawled on the ground so I could get Fi and the orange tree in the same shot.



.


And for those of you who might want to see the trees sans doggies (although I find it hard to believe that any subject is improved by removing dogs....), here is a shot of the orange tree in our yard.


The rest of the day was spent enjoying the cooler weather, and tossing tennis balls.




Abby being all stealthy-like!
 And I got a few 'portraits'.



Yes, the sky really is that blue.  Just another one of those days sponsored by the Utah Bureau of Tourism!
And since the soft box was handy, and the girls were on the couch, I got a few 'lit' photos.


This isn't the greatest photo, but I was having a tough time convincing them to sit closer together....
Day 244/365.

1 comment:

  1. Autumn is going to provide some great shots!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Mayorz For All Paws
    "Use Your Noodle & Vote For A Doodle!"

    ReplyDelete