Monday, September 15, 2014

Fall Colors and a Big Step Toward my 'Studio'

I took today off work and knew that one of my big goals for the day was to make as much progress as I could in making space in the upstairs bedroom for my 'photography studio'.  It may not be a real studio, at least a place where I can put my stuff, and keep some things like lights, soft boxes, my background, etc. set up.   Since I knew that I was going to be a big job, I brought the little camera on the morning walkies and got a couple of nice photos of the fall colors.


Abby was only interested in one picture, but Fi was very happy to pose for more!

The trees are really in 'full flame' now - it won't last too much longer, but it is very pretty right now.  
 
I did get a lot of work done in the upstairs bedroom.  I didn't have the time/energy to start moving up all my equipment, but I did bring up one large softbox just to test things out.  The girls seem to be pleased with the 'spot'. 
 
Yes, the bedspread has little silver sparkles on one side (it's all black on the other) - I needed something that the girls wouldn't blend into (most of our blankets are varying shades of tan) and this was a very inexpensive closeout, and I thought it could be amusing.

 

Fluffy Puppy likes how her light hairs are easily distinguishable from the blanket.

 
Obviously, it is not done yet (and I need to figure out how to cover the brown door to the closet - probably with the painter's dropcloth I have), but I'm really pleased with the progress.

Day 258/365.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh ... Those leaves!!!! We don't get that out here in California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighting looks really nice, did you do anything with it? We are thinking the mountains are turning early this year??

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Join us for our week long series "Road To The Great Debate"!

    ReplyDelete