It's been a while since the girls have had a doggie class. Today was a 'socialization' class - go out and socialize!
It also gave me a chance to talk to my dog trainer about what dogs I might be able to borrow for my upcoming pet photography class - luckily, she'll be more than happy to have me come into her classes for my various assignments.
I did get an opportunity to take photos of a doggie other than the girls today; Kodi (short for Kodiak) is an older Newfoundland who is owned by one of the Petco employees, and he has the very important job of holding down the sidewalks (when the weather is cool enough for him to enjoy it). Luckily I had a bunch of treats, and I was able to convince Kodi to leave his post for a few minutes and indulge me with a few photos.
 |
| Dat cookie is for me, right? |
 |
| I mean business with these furry toes. I expect cookies for this! |
 |
| Stoppeth-ing one of three with his glittering eye. |
 |
| Pay no attention to those lightweight doggies behind me; I really need those cookies, those doggies can do without for a bit - they won't starve, but I surely will! |
 |
| Cousin It has nothing on Kodi! |
But Kodi had to get back to his day job in the shade, and I had doggies that needed to be socialized... I had a hard time getting both girls to look the same direction at the same time (and keep their eyes open).
Again, more challenges in getting both girls to keep their eyes open and looking mostly at me... Hopefully the doggie photography class will have some suggestions about this. I do think some of it has to do with the girls only focusing on me, rather than trying to figure out if they should be looking at Jessi (the dog trainer) or me - so I have a feeling my best multiple dog photos will be when I'm the only person to capture their attention. We'll see, but it is on my 'to ponder' list.
 |
| Still, this will work for a calendar photo! |
 |
| As will this! |
 |
| Yeah, definitely not paying attention to me! |
 |
| Much easier to get one doggie to look at me rather than two... |
And on a final note, this kid wanted to pet the girls (which was fine) and ended up being fascinated by the clicker. I still feel a little creepy taking pictures of people I don't know (especially kids, even if they are standing right in front of me, petting my dogs). But this kid was equal parts challenged and amused by the clicker and I had to try to get a photo of it... I think I'll stick with dogs - much less weird feeling to get Kodi to look at me than to try to photograph a little kid....
Day 256/365.
We're thinking there aren't enough days in the calendar for all the good photos you have to put on it!
ReplyDeleteYour Pals,
Murphy & Stanley
Remember, tomorrow starts our week long "Road To The Great Debate"!