Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fall Days and Backgrounds

Today was a beautiful fall day.  Actually it was unseasonably warm, but that didn't stop the girls from having fun tennis ball action, and it didn't stop me from taking a bunch of photos.   I got a bunch of action photos (that will show up in next week's bloggie post), but I was particularly pleased with the photos I got while I was sitting on the ground, below dog level.



Fi is helpfully dropping the ball so I can throw it for her again!

Hi, Mom.  So, uh, I have this tennis ball.  Can you think of something to do with it?

Beautiful dog, beautiful sky, beautiful background!
 As I have mentioned, I am in the process of setting up my photography equipment in the upstairs bedroom, which I am using as a studio.  I set up the background stand (although I think I probably need to read the directions because the top bar seems a little precarious) and tried out the black background.  I got a muslin background, which turned out to be a good choice, as dog slobber can be washed out of muslin, not so much with paper...  The black cloth is a little light-weight, but with the magic of Lightroom, I can enhance the black, and I got some striking photos for my first time out. Given that I didn't really have things set up the way I wanted (I have to peek around the softbox to get the photos), I'm pleased with this attempt.



Day  260/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment