Tuesday, September 23, 2014

And the Adventure Continues

While I felt sort of 'meh' about yesterday's photos, I have to keep reminding myself how really cool it is to be able to consistently know that doggie eyes are going to be in focus.  Today I took another step with the back button focus adventure - I took the light, maneuverable 50mm lens off my camera and put the 24-85mm lens on - which is great for zooming in and out for tennis ball action, but quite a bit bigger and heavier.  The bigger, heavier lens definitely made it a bit more difficult to work the back button while still trying to capture tennis ball action, but I think it will just take some more practice.  And it wasn't like it was a total failure.  I also adjusted the aperture and shutter speed so I had an aperture of f/4.5 and a shutter speed of 1/2000 - that and the back button focus seemed to give me some nice sharp focus.






And the portraits came out well, too.






Yep, I think I'm pretty sold on the back button focus thing.

Day 266/365.

1 comment:

  1. You should be!!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley
    Our "Mystery Kiss" series resumes tomorrow! FFHT is coming on Friday!

    ReplyDelete