But here is the post I would have put up Saturday, would that I had been able to do so.
Today was my first full day of working on the week’s homework
assignment – natural light photos, indoors and out. The way the house is oriented, we get a lot
of indirect light in the house in the morning – much less than we get in the
afternoon when I get home from work. So
I took the opportunity to get a bunch of photos indoors. I’m going to try to re-shoot some of them
tomorrow, because while I liked what I got, I think I could make some
adjustments (aperture and shutter speed) that will make them better. Alas, I didn't put many of the photos on the flash drive I brought in to work to post this....
But I did get a photo of Abby that I really, really like. I’m definitely putting it in the folder of
possible assignment submissions. To give some context to this, on the weekends, the girls and I share breakfast; I like fried eggs, and so the I cook them until the yolks are hard, and the girls get the yolks while I get the whites. The girls are actually very well behaved about it all, but I couldn't resist the 'winsome look' photo.
![]() |
| This is the photo I really like - Abby is focused on the counter, and with the tea kettle in the background it should be clear she's looking at something in the kitchen. |
![]() |
| Mom, I'm starving. Would you put down the camera and start feeding us?!? |
I also got the chance to shoot a doggie lesson today. The lesson was at 12:30, which,
theoretically, is not optimal lighting, but the dogs show up when they show
up. The lesson involved Moose, a 6
month-old wolf-Malamute hybrid. Moose
actually looks a bit like a husky in size and coloring, until you see his
eyes. And then you see he’s totally got
the Call of the Wild thing going on.
![]() |
| Seriously. Look at those eyes! |
Moose is a very bright, very well-behaved young boy and he was
really into the lesson. Which gave me a
lot of opportunities (250+ opportunities, if you must know) to try to capture
Moose and his gorgeous eyes. Because he was in class, I couldn't really try to get his attention and have him look at me (he was looking at Jessi and his owner most of the time) but I did the best with what I had.
![]() |
| Someone call Jack London! |
![]() |
| Seriously. Those eyes! |
![]() |
| For some reason, blogger made this photo orange-y. Luckily the original is not orange-y, as this is one of my favorite shots, just because there is nothing but sky behind him. |
He was also a total sweetie; at one point during the lesson,
Jessi (the dog trainer) and the owner were talking about training outside of
class, and Moose wandered off. To
me. He came and flopped down next to me,
and I started to give him scratchies and he then gave me a bunch of
kisses. Alas, no photos of that.
277/365.












No comments:
Post a Comment