Thursday, October 2, 2014

You Know What They Say About Assuming...

Today is a day that definitely goes in the 'lesson learned' pile. I could have sworn I had the shutter speed at 1/2000.  And, of course, because I knew I had the shutter speed set properly, and the girls were one a roll with the tennis ball action, I didn't stop and look at the histograms.

Yeah.  Well.  You can guess how well that worked out.... Shutter speed was really at 1/1250 and everything was over-exposed.  My photography class starts tomorrow, so if I have to have 'check the histograms' written on the back of my hands, I will do so.  *sheesh*










When I discovered that I had pretty much toasted all my action shots, I tried to get some portraits.  But my subjects were all bouncy and goofy.

A bit of an unfortunate shadow on the nose, but it could have been worse.

I actually really like this one because it really captures Abby's goofiness.

And this IS Fi - she could happily gnaw on tennis balls in the shade all afternoon.  Don't ask me why.  But if she's happy, I'm happy.

I don't know about this photo.  I find it interesting; it's not spectacular, but there is something I like about it.  I just don't know what that something is.

This would have been much better if Fi wasn't growing out of Abby's head....
Okay, I like this one.  It's not 100% in focus, but I like it.  (Other than Abby's tail being cut off...)
Day 275/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment