Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tennis Ball Action and Some Fun with Reflectors

I was really hoping to get a photo or two of Rosie the Corgi when we went to the park to hit tennis balls, but Rosie was surveying the park from her yard and didn't seem inclined to move her low-slung self down to the park.  Oh well.  I've got a few more days for this last photo assignment.  So instead I got some tennis ball action shots and I played around with my 24" reflector to see if I could use some of the late afternoon sun.

The watermark was something I was playing around with last night and forgot I still had 'on' when I exported files from Lightroom.  Not that it's a bad thing, it was just a surprise!
 



I really like the silver reflector with the late afternoon sun because the sun already has a yellow/orange tint to it - there's no need to add warm light to the image, and the silver reflector reflects a lot of light on the girls.


I like this photo.  I'm not super wild about the tree growing out of Abby's back, but I like the colors, her stance and the wide expanse of sky.





These next two photos are an example of my latest theory about shooting everything on burst mode; while neither photo is bad, I like getting a bunch of shots at the same time, as things can change quickly (photographing dogs and other moving objects is not like photographing bowls of fruit...)

I love the Fall sunlight - it's soft and warm feeling!

Goofy Queen of the Tennis Balls!



I think I'd really like to get a nice reflector shot for one of my homework assignment submissions - the girls laying in the grass with tennis balls never gets old!

Day 303/365.

1 comment:

  1. We liked the light in your shots. Very colorful! We think you nailed the watermark. We like the size and font. BTW, guess you'll have snowy shots this weekend!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete