Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Style (?)

One of the things the instructor of my photography class is trying to glean from our homework assignments is our 'personal style'.  I'm having a hard time trying to define my style in three photos, especially since I would like to include an action shot (which would count as one of my outdoor shots).  The actual assignment is: take one photo inside, one outside and the location of the third is our choice.  Vary the light source and lighting technique in each photo.  "I want to see pictures that define you and your style.  Put thought into the background, colors and mood.  Show me some wonderful lighting and shadows using just one light source.  Think beyond a snapshot."  Hmmmm. I have been work a lot on 'static' shots, so I think today I'll really try to get some good action shots (sharp, dog(s) looking at me, etc.).  Since the action photos are definitely part of my style.  They may not have dramatic lighting and shadows, but I like taking them, and I think any owner of an active dog would like to have photos of their active dog in action.

In the meantime, here are some photos from yesterday; the action photos aren't the highest quality (not as sharp as I would like), but I would say these photos give a sense of my photographic style. Too bad I can't submit 20 photos for the assignment!

Something like this photo might be a possible homework submission - I'd like to be positioned differently with the sun, though.
These next several photos aren't sharp enough to be homework assignment candidates, but I love 'em anyway - how can you go wrong with flying doodles?



Doodle Launcher gone awry!

Definitely not sharp enough, but Abby's facial expression is priceless!
And on to some of the better shots from yesterday....

Fi's eyes don't really have the desired 'catch lights', but I like the general idea of the photo.

I'm still trying to work on back-lighting.  I do like this photo.

Fi's eyes are darker than Abby's (and her hair is longer) so getting catch lights is harder.

Goofy face, but this really captures Abby in all her in-your-face goofiness.

Looking out the sliding glass door upstairs.  I like this photo - dramatic lighting and shadows, but still fun.

Another one of my favorites from yesterday - don't you just want to give her a big snooter kiss?!?

Day 280/365.

1 comment:

  1. You got this sorted out yet?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete