Friday, October 10, 2014

More Dithering

I have picked two of the three photos for my first homework assignment, and I'm dithering on the last one.  Earlier today I had my heart set on this photo:


I like the wistful look on Abby's face, and I like that it is a totally candid photo; I could try to get this photo again, and never quite repeat it.  In fact, I tried today, hoping that maybe I could get more of the counter she is looking at, while eliminating the distracting red kettle.  I took a bunch of photos and it didn't happen.  Sure, she was looking at the counter, but with focused anticipation, not that slight wondering look on her face.



I even tried photoshopping out the offending tea kettle, but I'm not really happy with how that worked out (and I couldn't get the light right to take another version of the photo without the kettle and blending the two)....  Besides, that sort of seemed like cheating..


So I've revisited the flat dog on floor photo....


If I don't use the original Abby-wistful-gazing photo, I'll probably use the flat puppy photo.  Although I keep toying with the idea of using an 'easy' shot.  But that seems like a cop-out, so I think it's time to break out the decision coin and choose between the wistful gazing and the flat puppy...

I actually really like this photo, it just seems too 'easy'.  Too bad decision coins aren't three sided!
Day 283/365.

No comments:

Post a Comment